Philosophy is the most basic of all disciplines, and the most fundamental of the three branches of rationalism. (If you'd like a better idea what rationalism is, you can click on the "Philosophy - An Overview" link above; but, briefly, it is the conviction that all sound belief is based in good evidence and good reasoning.)
The other two branches of rationalism are logic/mathematics, and science.
If you've come to this page, you presumably would like to know a little more. There are various ways to further acquaint yourself with the topic, including:
- Learning a little more about the nature of philosophy itself.
- Learning a little about the history of philosophy.
- Reading some clear and concise essays concerning some some of the most essential philosophical concepts.
- Discovering how to actually do philosophy.
- What our basic orientation to philosophy is here at Everything Progressive.
- Our recommendations for some of the best books concerning some of the most important topics.
On this page we'll point the way to resources that should be helpful, whichever of these topics most interest you.
The following topics have currently been developed at Everything Progressive:
- The Nature of Thought
- Four Reasonable Men
- Reason and Analysis
- Reason and Goodness
- Reason and Belief
- The Uses of a Liberal Education
- On Philosophical Style
- The Philosophy of Brand Blanshard
- The Four Dimensions of Philosophy
- The Thinker's Way